Thursday, July 24, 2008

24th of July fun!




Well, it all started yesterday! My best friend Steff was having a really rough day and needed a s night! So she came over and we watched 'I Am Legend' (which was amazing!) while eating cookies and ice cream! We then had a fun slumber party!

Then early the next morning, we picked up a friend, Cody, to come to the 24th of July Parade with us! We had a great time, but it was rather hot! We decided to leave early because we were roasting and we also wanted to beat the traffic! But we still had a wonderful time together! We all cheered for the bands, and it made us kind of sad not to play! I miss playing in parades, no matter how hot they were!


Then after I got home, Emily & I were really bored and hot (our cooler wasn't blowing cold air, but we got it figured out) and our lawn was getting a little dry, so we decided to have some childish fun with the hose! Unfortunately, we don't have a fun sprinkler to run in, so we just improvised! Despite the lack of a fun water toy, we had TONS of fun! We just sprayed each other and watered the lawn! But it was very refreshing and we had a good time! Here are some pictures of the parade, and our water fun!






The KSL people actually talked to us! They were very nice!



3 comments:

T Fowler said...

Sounds like a great day. We watched the parade on TV; I didn't want to deal with the heat or crowds. I'm glad you could have some friend and family time. I love your new background; very fun.

Ford Fam said...

Looks like fun, who doesn't love a little good old fashioned water fight.

Great Dane said...

Why couldn't I have come home a few days earlier? Oh well. I'm sure I'll have some kind of opportunity to have fun in the water. See you on Saturday!