Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fun at the lake!


This past Friday & Saturday, our stake put on a Young Single activity at the Grand Cayman Resort in Delta (yes, there is a lake there!). There is a High Councilman that offered his beachside home that they have a time-share for. There weren't very many of us young singles that went, but I convinced my good friend Tommy (he and I are pictured above; I don't know why I'm looking up) to come with me so I wouldn't be alone!
We went down there on Friday night and had s'mores, played Guitar Hero and Singing Star and had a good time getting to know each other! The s stayed inside the house and stayed up until 1 am talking about who-knows-what, but we had a good time! Then we woke up at 7 am (yes, very early)! But we started off the day with a good breakfast, and got started on the lake!
First off, we went tubing in one of the boats and that was good fun! We all flew off, but it was lots of fun. The other boat offered water-skiing so we just switched it up. I attempted to ski, but it didn't work out so well! But the others had succes in their attempts. It was fun to watch! Some of them also did wakeboarding.
After some more tubing and skiing, they pulled out some wave runners! It was SO much fun! We got lots of time in on the lake and it wasn't too crowded! It was a lot of fun!

This video is my good friend Lori water-skiing! My attempts didn't turn out so well! She did pretty well!

2 comments:

Ford Fam said...

Looks like fun, I love boating and haven't been in the longest time!

Michelle Kelly said...

Don't give up on the skiing. It took me a few times out on the lake to get up and get the hang of it. But once you do it's a lot of fun!!