Friday, July 11, 2008

Drum Corps International



Last night was one of the most AMAZING nights of my life...I saw America's best marching bands! This is the one thing I look forward to every summer...and it was beautiful! Mr. Nix, the band teacher, invited us 'super seniors' (pictured right) to come with the band, so that was nice! The Blue Knights (the hosts of this comp.) had a clinic for the first part of the day for the school students that came to watch, and they just showed them some of the stuff they do every day, which was pretty sweet.

Then came the real fun! There were 7 bands that performed: Spokane Thunder (WA) , Velvet Knights (CA), Troopers (WY), Blue Knights (CO), Phantom Regiment (IL; shown in picture), Blue Devils (CA), Santa Clara Vanguard (CA). They just kept getting better and better! My favorite band, the Blue Devils, had the most amazing show, I loved it! They won the competition, and amazed the crowd! They were all so good, and it was a band nerds dream! It was so fun!

1 comment:

Jaclyn and Devan Swallom said...

Blue Devils are pretty damn good- they're one of my favourites as well! :0